Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Trying to Have the Cow

Ok, so what is that phrase...why buy the milk when you can have the cow for free?

To be honest, I never really liked Typepad all that well except I paid for a whole year of service in advance so I felt stuck with it. I got the bare bones basic version and it was fine and dandy but, really...I think Typepad works best for those who get the upgraded version and actually have, like, an actual readership and ads and such. And who know how to even create nifty headers instead of using a bland template. So, in other words, not me.

I'm actually not as computer savvy as I might seem to those who know me. I fake it pretty well. But when it comes right down to it, I tend to be in the dark ages about lots of things.

Take, for example, Food Network. WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME HOW COOL THAT CHANNEL IS? I just discovered it over the holidays and now it is always on at Casa de Run Momma.

But, I digress...

I meant to say that I have an ancient computer, I just finally got DSL a year ago and I have no idea how to write html or create a great-looking website.

Plain and simple, the reason I'm switching to Blogger is that my subscription to Typepad runs out in a few months and I don't want to pay to blog anymore. My postings ebb and flow as of late and I find myself at a loss for words often these days. I'd like to keep blogging. I enjoy it when I let it just happen and don't force myself to try to come up with witty titles and topics.

I guess I think my humor and writing works best when not forced. Paying for a blog=feeling forced to write.

Of course, having a free blog does come at a price...Blogger was down for me alllll the live long day long today and I couldn't log in at all.

But I guess that's okay because it forced me away from my computer long enough to sneak in a quick 3 mile run. Priorities...

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

Sounds good! Thanks for filling us in! :>) Great job on the 3 miles!

Anonymous said...

That's why I didn't use Blogger for very long - they seem to have a lot of downtime. But blogging for free is nice :)