Sunday, January 21, 2007

Now Can I Complain?

I'm sure all who have read my blog lately have laughed at my kvetching about the cold and thought, "What a wuss!"

So...Natalie and I went out shopping to buy celebratory underwear (for her. for being potty-trained and accident free the past 3 days. we got curious george in case you're wondering.) and when we left the store, there were big fat snowflakes mixed in with the rain. By the time we got to our next destination (the grocery store--aren't we living the exciting life?), the snow had overtaken the rain. Everyone in the stores was buzzing over the snow, snow, snow. It even made me feel a little giddy-kid-like inside. And I'm not one who loves the snow so much.

I've lived here for almost five years and this is the first snow I've seen down here in the lowlands. Snow=cold, right? So, I'm really not exaggerating when I say I'M COLD!

In other news, I think I've finally found my running mojo again. It has been missing since about, oh say, November 11th and I keep thinking I've found it again, like when I ran a PR run in early December. But, it quickly leaves me and I've been searching high and low for it. I want it back. I want to want to run again and not running sinks me into a deep, deep depression-hole and I want out of the hole. Get.Me.Out.Of.This.Hole. It sucks. Something finally switched inside of me and perhaps it is just a new determination but I want to run again. I want to work on my goals and start training for my sub 2:15 half in March.

Of course, now that I think I have my mojo back, it is too dang cold and wet to go out there! Hubby is out of town for the week so all runs will have to be done with Natalie. The weather forecast calls for more COLD so we may be stuck at home all week.

Even though I live in Arizona where we get lots of blue skies days in winter, I look forward to spring just as much as everyone else around the country. It'll be here before we know it, right?

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

Spring will be here before you know it!! I can taste it. This is the coldest winter I can remember in several years. It totally stinks. On a side note we are about 3 weeks of no accidents in potty training...we are right there with ya!

I hope you can find the mojo soon! You are going to smoke right by me in March! I will be the one wondering why I am running and not at Starbucks. ;>)