Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New Beginnings

So, do you want the long version of my life in review over the last month or the short version? :-)

To sum it all up, I made it safely here to the Pacific Northwest. My daughter was an angel for the entire car ride. Our stuff was delayed getting here and we lived for over a week in a house with no furniture and an air mattress. The air mattress popped one night and we all ended up "sleeping" on a hardwood floor.

I ran a half marathon. I forgot to pack running socks and all of my stuff was still in Tucson in a warehouse so I had to buy new socks.

It got hot here (yay!). My daughter and I were the only ones in pants at the toddler park.

I had a job interview (one in a multi-series of interviews for an organization) and I forgot to pack shoes (but I did have my suit) so I had to buy shoes.

My stuff finally arrived, mostly in one piece. It barely fits into the rental house but the espresso machine and the washer and dryer are all I need to be happy so it works.

I ran a 5K across the new Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Then it got cold and rainy. I wanted to hide under the covers all day during the cold and rainy part. Winter here will be a challenge. I become Eeyore at the slightest hint of grey or clouds.

I had yet another job interview (#4 in the series).

After a month without internet or cable tv, I re-joined the technological age and had everything installed.

I was offered and accepted a job!

----------------------------------------

So, all in all, it has been a wild, busy ride. We still are waiting for our house in Tucson to sell but otherwise, all the pieces of the puzzle have fallen into place. I've been off of work for a month now and have two more weeks of summer vacation before I return to work. The relocation has been difficult and stressful beyond belief at times but now we're here, safe and sound.

My life is far from perfect but as I ran 8 miles the other night along the waterfront, with clear views of Mount Rainier in one direction and the Olympics in the other direction, I felt at home and happy.

I'm settling in to a routine but have been busier than ever and it will only get busier when I start my job. I only have a few more months to train for the Portland Marathon and before we all know it, summer will be over and the days will get shorter again. Computer time is self-limited these days.

There is a pretty good likelihood that my blogging days are over. I continue to read many blogs and I really enjoy them but I don't have any pressing reason to write anything on my own blog. We'll see...

For now, I hope everyone is having a fabulous summer! If you want to keep in touch with me, please feel free to email me privately.

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

Great to hear from you!! I hope everything goes well for you there!! Enjoy the cool weather and great coffee for me. :>)